Jamaica refuses to accept cruise ship passengers over coronavirus fears – Today News



Thanks for watching my video.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to the channel to receive the latest videos
Videos can use content-based copyright law contains reasonable use Fair Use (https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/).
For any copyright, please send me a message.  A cruise ship carrying thousands of passengers has not been allowed to enter Jamaica over coronavirus fears.  The 4,5000-capacity MSC Meraviglia is currently been detained in Ocho Rios after red flags were reportedly raised by health inspectors onboard.  Reports on the ship suggest Jamaican immigration is “currently denying disembarkation” after a crew member fell ill on board. The Filipino worker is said to had been in Manila within the last few days.  The ship will be turned away if any issues are detected on board. It is currently waiting a mile offshore. after arriving earlier this morning from Miami.  Passengers have been seen standing on deck but there has been no confirmed cases detected with one report saying action has been taken as a precaution.  Are you on board the cruise ship? Contact webnews@mirror.co.uk  Health Minister Dr Christopher Tufton told Radio Jamaica News that the Jamaican authorities had asked that the ship be kept “a mile or so offshore out of an abundance of caution”.  He said he is awaiting the provision of “further and better particulars” from health officials.  The MSC Meraviglia was launched in June 2017 and sails to more than 200 destinations around the world.  Global cases of the virus have now passed 80,000, the vast majority of those in China.  Hours earlier, a hotel in Tenerife was been placed on locked down after a visiting Italian doctor and his wife tested positive.  Guests at the Costa Adeje Palace Hotel are not allowed to leave their rooms.  The World Health Organization said on Monday the world should do more to prepare for a possible pandemic.  Health Secretary Matt Hancock today said he was “not planning” a trip to northern Italy as the Government defended its approach to the coronavirus outbreak.  People coming back from affected areas have been told to self-isolate but the Foreign Office has not changed its travel advice, meaning flights continue to take Britons to the region.  Downing Street insisted its approach was based on medical evidence but stressed that travel advice was kept under review.  US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is “deeply concerned” that Iran’s government may have suppressed crucial details about the outbreak.  He said: “The United States is deeply concerned by information indicating the Iranian regime may have suppressed vital details about the outbreak in that country.  “All nations, including Iran, should tell the truth about the coronavirus and co-operate with international aid organisations.”

source